This is a message you heard from the beginning. We should love one another - 1 John 3:11
NABC first began meeting in 1883, at the house of Henry & Mary Cuthbertson in St Georges Bay Road, Parnell. By 1889 the Assembly had outgrown this house and so space was leased above a shop in Parnell Road where a number of services and programmes were run throughout the week. In late 1899 the Assembly moved to a purpose built hall on the corner of Maunsell and Parnell Roads. The active Assembly remained here for the next 25 years until the property at 3 Ngaire Avenue (Wellington Street at that time) was purchased. A chapel was subsequently built and regular services began in late 1925.
NABC is an independent and autonomous local church that is part of the Christian (Open) Brethren tradition. NABC maintains continuing links with other churches in this tradition throughout New Zealand. NABC also cooperates and fellowships with local churches of other denominations in the Epsom / Newmarket area to advance the gospel and glorify God.