1. When you think of science and Christianity what words come to your mind? Why those words?
2. What in the physical world point out to you the glory of God?
3. What do you appreciate about science and what causes you to be cautious about science?
4. What verses of the Bible do you find helpful when considering the physical world?
1. How could a good God allow suffering?
a. What is your own understanding of this question?
b. Are there parts of the Bible that you know of that help you to understand this question?
2. Read Romans 12:9-21. What do these values for Christian living teach us about who God is and how He relates to us in a world where life is not always easy?
3. Read Romans 12:1-2. We often think about how we can give God the good things we have - time, money, energy - what might these verses be saying to us if we think about giving Him our weaknesses, struggles and failures as an act of worship?
4. There is seemingly endless further reading on the topic of suffering in the Bible. You may like to briefly examine these passages:
a. Jesus suffered, to achieve a purpose: Luke 24:25-27
b. Christian maturity: Romans 5:3-5, James 1:2-4
c. God will remove suffering when the time is right: 2 Peter 3:9, Revelation 21:1-4